- Discuss Persepolis. In class, complete "What? So What? Now What?" handout.
- Begin film study of "Slumdog Millionaire"
- The Unit test will be Monday over Persepolis, "Slumdog Millionaire," and "The Danger of a Single Story" (TED talk).
Wednesday - Writer's Notebook: "No entry today."
- Continue film study of "Slumdog Millionaire"
- There will be a recovery option for the A Long Way Gone test: You may choose to write a 2 page essay (double spaced, MLA format, typed) based on the following prompt: "This novel is very much about losing and regaining one’s humanity. How does Ishmael lose his humanity, and how does he regain it? Which is easier to do- lose or regain humanity? Why? Use at least 3 quotes with in-text citations." It is worth up to 20 points to be added to your ALWG test (up to 100%).
Thursday - Continue film study of "Slumdog Millionaire"
Friday - Writer's Notebook: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Group activity reviewing the film.