- Watch Hamlet Acts 4 & 5 (Zepphirelli, 1990 version with Mel Gibson) with Hamlet Journals out to make notations.
- Brief review with classmates, comparing Hamlet journals. REMEMBER those are due tomorrow on Test Day.
Tuesday - Hamlet Test
Wednesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Imagine that you suddenly have to flee your home and go into hiding. Which one person would you most want to accompany you. What three things (from what is now your 'old life') would you bring with you?"
-Vocab Unit 12 Intro.
- Discuss the concept of a cultural "other" and Post-Colonialism.
-Introduction to Ishmael Beah, focusing on geography and current news events.
-Youtube interview with Beah.
Thursday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Write a letter to a future teenager -- one who will be your age in 100 years."
- Distribute Study Guide for Long Way Gone.
- Begin reading Long Way Gone in class.
Friday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Continue reading Long Way Gone, by Ishmael Beah.
- Discussion circles