- Vocabulary exercise 1 for Unit 12
- Review Reader Response Journal for A Long Way Gone - Section 1
- Read through Chapter 5.
HW - Read Ch. 6 of A Long Way Gone.
Tuesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Think of your oldest or best friend. How could you end that relationship in five minutes?"
- POP! Quiz on Chapters 1-6 of A Long Way Gone
- Continue reading ALWG through Chapter 8
HW - Finish Chapter 8; Complete Reader Response Journal, Section 2
Wednesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "What was your favorite Unit in this class from this year? What was your favorite book that we read? Choices are: Dystopias, Path of the Hero, Duality of Man, Gothic, Shakespeare, and Voices of the Cultural Other (current unit)."
- Vocabulary exercise 2 for Unit 12: Sentence Completion
- Continue reading ALWG - Chapter 9
HW -Finish Chapter 9
Thursday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Write sentences using the 15 words from Unit 12 of the Vocabulary Book."
- View Chimamanda Adichie's TED talk, "The Danger of a Single Story." Link.
- Take notes of the main points and discuss in class.
- Begin reading Chinua Achebe's "Civil Peace"
HW - Read Chapter 10 of A Long Way Gone
Friday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Vocab Quiz 12
- Finish reading and discussing Achebe's "Civil Peace."