- Create Hamlet study guides - On 14 Blank pieces of paper, write the following characters and themes:
-- Hamlet -- Ophelia -- Claudius -- Gertrude -- Laertes -- Horatio -- Polonius -- Stagecraft
-- Fate vs. Autonomy -- Decay/Corruption -- Madness -- Loyalty vs. Betrayal --
-- Appearance vs. Reality -- Sin/Love/Lust
- Read and Analyze Hamlet Act I, scene i
Tuesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "If you could go anywhere in the world where you have never been before, where would it be and why?"
- Read Hamlet Act !, scene ii
Wednesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Describe your life ten years from now. What about twenty years from now?"
-Analyze Hamlet's first soliloquy
- Finish Act I, sc. ii; begin scene iii
Thursday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Write from the Point of View of Hamlet as he writes in his journal about the day that he has just had. It should describe his behavior at court, his feelings about Claudius and Gertrude and his own moodiness, as well as his thoughts about the news from Horatio."
- Share journal entries
- Read Hamlet Act I, sc. iii, iv
Friday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Read Act I, scene v
- Watch different interpretations of the scene (Mel Gibson, Kenneth Branagh versions)