- Finish discussions of "My Last Duchess"
- Complete accompanying annotations and questions on "My Last Duchess"
Tuesday - Frankenstein: Monster or Not?
- Discuss what it means to be a monster. How do we perceive and make a judgement that someone or something is a monster?
- Watch a clip from 1931 version of "Frankenstein"
- Begin reading Frankenstein excerpts (Ch. 12, 15, 16). Highlight in two different colors moments where he seems monstrous and moments where he seems human.
Wednesday - Writer's Notebook: "What was your favorite unit from this year (The Hero's Journey, Dystopia, Duality of Man, Shakespeare, Cultural Voices, or Gothic)? What was your favorite assigned book from this year? Why did these speak to you individually?"
- Continue reading and annotating Frankenstein excerpts.
- Answer text-dependent questions and complete Vocabulary chart for Vocab Unit 12.
Thursday - Vocabulary Unit 12!
- Socratic Seminar for Frankenstein.
Friday - Writer's Notebook: "Friday Freewrite!!"
- Writer's Notebooks due (for the final time this year)!!
- LBQ for Frankenstein. In-class essay writing.