- "Jane Eyre" Summative Assessment
Tuesday - Grammar Nugget
- Read "The Landlady" by Roald Dahl
Wednesday: Writer's Notebook: "In what ways is 'The Landlady' a Gothic story? What archetype did the landlady herself represent?"
- Complete discussion questions for "The Landlady." Due at the end of class.
Thursday: View painting of the Duchess of Ferrara
- Read "My Last Duchess," by Robert Browning
- In groups, "translate" it into modern English
Friday - Writer's Notebook: "Friday Freewrite"
- Vocab Quiz # 6
- Continue analysis of "My Last Duchess"
- The Gothic Literature test will be on Thursday
- Study Gothic archetypes in the Powerpoint
- Review stories/poems and homework from the unit
- "Masque of the Red Death"
- "Annabel Lee"
- "The Landlady"
- "My Last Duchess"
- Frankenstein excerpts
- "Jane Eyre"