- Give time to finish EOCT practice.
- Review requirements for top scores on EOCT.
Tuesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Think of your oldest or best friend. How could you end that relationship in five minutes?"
- Review EOCT sample 7-point essay.
- Introduction to The Odyssey. Take notes on the Powerpoint (resources tab)
Wednesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "No entry today."
- Review major themes and details of The Iliad.
- Give Handout on Homer and The Iliad.
- Distribute study guide for The Odyssey. Complete the "Characters" page.
- Watch summary of The Iliad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuXJJ-I1LqQ&feature=youtu.be
HW - If you haven't finished it yet, finish the first page of study guide - "Characters."
Thursday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Greek Gods and Goddesses often took an interest in mortals for various reasons. Which Greek God or Goddess would take an interest in you and why?"
- Intro to Vocab. Unit 11
- Begin reading The Odyssey through "The Lotus Eaters"; begin "The Cyclops."
- Complete study guide questions.
Friday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Vocab unit 11 exercises
- Finish "The Cyclops" section of The Odyssey.