- Read "The White Circle" in class, focusing on situational irony
- Answer Critical Thinking Questions (HW if not finished in class)
Tuesday - Grammar minutes - "Who/Whom; Sit/Set; Rise/Raise; Further/Farther; Less/Fewer"
- Write original sentences for Vocab this week
- Read "The Stone Boy" in class;
- Work on questions for "The Stone Boy."
- HW - Vocab.com work for Lesson 2
Wednesday - Writer's Notebook: "Have you ever done anything that you truly regretted? How did you make it right? Could you?"
- Storyboards/Comic books due; Optional presentations
- Continue discussion of "The Stone Boy" through socratic question seminar
- HW - Make a meme using an assigned vocabulary word
Thursday - Grammar minutes - "Commas"
- Present memes
- Assign Narrative Essay
- Begin reading "The Scarlet Ibis"
Friday - Writer's Notebook: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Vocabulary Quiz # 2
- Continue work on "The Scarlet Ibis."