- Watch Ted Koppel/Morrie Schwartz clip (#1)
- Discuss Tuesdays with Morrie through "The Second Tuesday"
- Continue analysis of "Traveling through the Dark" by William Stafford
- HW - Bring 3 questions for the Globalization Academy Speaker Series: in the theater at 6:30 Tuesday (12/6)
- HW - Read through "The Professor" in Tuesdays with Morrie; Work on Study Guides as you go (obviously; not obviously?)
Tuesday - Discuss Fixed Form Poetry
- Brief discussion of Limericks, Haiku.
- Read and write a Villanelle
- HW - Assign Vocab Activity: Meme/Cartoon/Art/Poem due Friday
- 6:30 in the theater - Pope Globalization Academy Speaker Series
Wednesday - Writer's Notebook: "Write a limerick, a haiku, and a concrete poem."
- Share Villanelles
- Narrative poetry
- HW - Read through "The Fourth Tuesday" in Tuesdays with Morrie; Work on Study Guides as you go.
Thursday - Watch Koppel/Morrie clip
- Analysis of an unreliable narrator - Robert Browning's "My Last Duchess"
- HW - Read through to "The Fifth Tuesday" in TWM
Friday - Writer's Notebook: "Friday Freewrite"
- Continue analysis/discussion of the dramatic monologue