- There will be a quiz Friday on Ch. 1-5
- Fill out the anticipation guide for Romeo and Juliet
- Read and analyze the prologue to Romeo and Juliet
Wednesday - Writer's Notebook: "You are directing a movie and the producers have asked you to fill in some back story on the classic play. What is the real reason for the feud between the Montagues and the Capulets? How would you depict it onscreen?"
- Distribute dialectical journals and study guides for Romeo and Juliet
- Begin acting out Act I, Scene i of Romeo and Juliet
Thursday - Vocab Activity: Compose a paragraph that tells a story using as many vocab words as you can.
- Continue acting out Romeo and Juliet in class. Act I, Scene i
- In groups, complete tableaus showing key moments in the scene.
- HW - Read Lord of the Flies; complete study guides.
- Lord of the Flies Quiz 1
- Act I, Scene i
- Continue reading Act I of Romeo and Juliet