Below is a list of books that we will be reading in class and as parallel readings. I suggest purchasing them all at once to avoid last minute scrambling. If you would rather not purchase some or all of them, check Pope’s Media Center or local libraries. If parents find the content objectionable, alternate selections may be provided.
I have arranged them in the order they will be read:
- Lord of the Flies - William Golding
- Finding Nouf - Zoë Ferraris
- Big Fish - Daniel Wallace
- The Glass Menagerie - Tennessee Williams (MC has a class set)
- A Shakespearian play of your choice, one you have not read before
Friday: Writer's Notebook: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Lord of the Flies Survivor