- Touchstone Test - Flexible Formative Assessment (Q3)
Tuesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Finish this story: 'It's midnight and you notice your door is wide open...'"
- Begin Research Paper - Distribute research prompts
- Formative - Find quotes for and against your argument about whether it was fate or human determination that resulted in the tragic result of Romeo and Juliet's love.
Wednesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "No entry today"
- Find quotes with citations from the play about fate vs. human error
-HW - Finish handout, finding quotes from the text with your explanations.
Thursday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Think about an incident that happened to you and exaggerate in the telling. Make it into a tall tale. (No Trevor tall tales)"
- Read Secondary sources on the topic, highlighting usable and applicable quotes
Friday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Discuss strong thesis statements.
- Formulate thesis statement for research paper.