- Complete study guide for "The Scarlet Ibis" in pairs or groups
- Choose one of the three prompts to answer in a detailed paragraph.
Tuesday - Grammar Nugget - "Further/Farther; Less/ Fewer"
- Begin reading "The White Circle."
Wednesday: Writer's Notebook: "Write an epilogue to "The White Circle" from the point of view of Anvil as he looks back on the events depicted in the story. Use diction and tone to capture his voice and reaction."
- In groups, analyze the disparate elements of "The White Circle" and then discuss findings as a class.
- Complete discussion questions on "The White Circle"
- Continue discussion of "The White Circle"
- Read A Separate Peace in class
Friday - Writer's Notebook: "Friday Freewrite!!"
- Vocabulary Quiz - Short Story List # 1