- Summative Assessment over Gothic novels
Tuesday - Introduction to new unit: "Artifice and Humanity"
- Watch and analyze Sam Harris TED talk (Link)
- Students should already have obtained the parallel novel for this unit: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. Begin reading it.
- If you have already obtained I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov, it is a wonderful novel. However, students are only required to read one section for their projects on the book. I have found this PDF online that students may use as an alternative to purchasing the book: Link to I, Robot
Wednesday: Writer's Notebook: "None"
- Read poem, "There Will Come Soft Rains" by Sara Teasdale
- Read short story "There Will Come Soft Rains" by Ray Bradbury
Thursday: Continue "There Will Come Soft Rains" discussion
- Turn in Handout for "TWCSR"
Friday - Writer's Notebook: "None"
- View episode of Star Trek: TNG (S02E09) - "The Measure of a Man"
- Have a great Holiday break!!!!