- Interview/ Question and Answer session
Tuesday - "Reflect on what you learned from our speaker about the writing profession and making a living using your creativity."
- Discuss the idea of duality and characterization after the events in Chapter 4 of A Separate Peace
- Chapter 5 - Clothing as metaphor in the narrative
Wednesday - Writer's Notebook: "Write a description of your best friend, but write it as if he or she were a character in a novel or movie. Describe characteristics that make this person your closest friend and confidante."
- Watch "Why are Things Creepy" (Link), relating it to Gene and Phinehas
- Analyzing rhetoric.
- HW - Complete questions on Argumentation
- Quiz on A Separate Peace, Chapters 1-7
- Compare and Contrast two speeches: one by Martin Luther King Jr. and one by Malcolm X.
Friday - Writer's Notebook: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Vocab Quiz 4
- Discuss the differing ideologies of MLK and Malcolm X