- Continue discussion of Southern Gothic
- Begin reading "A Rose for Emily" - William Faulkner
- Hearing/Vision Day
- Continue reading "A Rose for Emily"
Wednesday - Writer's Notebook - "Creative Writing Prompt: You look around the antique store at all of the unique and ancient items that are for sale. One particular item catches your attention and begins to call to you, figuratively at first, but then literally."
- Intro Vocab List # 4
- "A Rose for Emily" continues
Thursday - Writer's Notebook - "Rewrite the ending to 'A Rose for Emily', picking up from the moment the narrators decide to pry open the door. What else they might have found in that room would change the story drastically. What did they find in this new version?"
- Reading Day for Gothic Novels
Friday - Guidance Counseling Lesson