- On "Stagecraft" page in Hamlet journal, write about how you would create the famous scene between Hamlet's Ghost Father and Hamlet. Would your version be for stage or screen? What special effects would you use? What emotions would your ghost display - anger, hatred, sadness, loss?
- Read and Analyze Hamlet Act I, scene v
- Watch different interpretations of the ghost scene (Mel Gibson, Kenneth Branagh versions)
Tuesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "No entry today."
- Quiz over Act I of Hamlet
- Read Act II, scene 1 - Note the time jump: it has been two months since the end of Act I
- Take notes in Hamlet journals on Polonius' character and what we have learned about him
Wednesday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Finish the story: 'It is midnight and you discover your front door is wide open..."
-Finish Act II, scene i; begin scene ii
Thursday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Ophelia describes the crazy behavior of Hamlet. Describe another day in the life of Hamlet during the two month time jump. What did he do throughout the day to convince everyone of his madness and lunacy? With whom did he interact?"
- Share journal entries
- Read Hamlet Act II, sc. ii
- Discuss Writescore exam
HW - Exercise 1 of Chapter 11 in Vocab books
Friday - Writing Notebook Entry: "Friday Freewrite!"
- Review Homework
- Writescore reminder - We will be in the lab Monday and Tuesday
- Finish Act II of Hamlet